“Russ taking L” is nothing new to the people who follow hip hop, Regardless of his undeniable talent and intense work ethic, the rapper keeps getting flack, no matter what he does. The hate crossed another line when Mac Miller died (RIP) as some parts of social media claimed that Russ should have passed away instead. Today, Forbes’ puts him on the map as a winner within the Hip Hop industry, “Russ is changing his L to W” now this may seem like an unpopular opinion but here some stats and facts to back up this opinion:
- The “Kill Em All” rapper ranked on their list of highest paid Hip Hop acts worldwide. Russ tied with Swizz Beatz for the 20th spot with earnings of $15 million.
- 7 RIA Certified gold, 2 RIA certified platinum singles and 1 RIA Certified platinum album
- Unlike the majority of artists who are signed to a record label Russ owns the copyright of his music
- Headlining sold out shows with over 10000+ people
- Russ’s sophomore album “Zoo” is expected to sell 85K first week
- Here’s how Russ shifted his L to Smokepurp
All this in a really short term,
Last week Russ released his sophomore album titled “Zoo“, Like much of Russ’ work, the LP demonstrates his skills on the mic and behind the boards. Guests on the project include Rick Ross, Snoop Dogg and Mahlia.
Stream the latest release below